Thursday, January 27, 2011

3746

I am pretty proud of this!
26.2? no not yet.


13.1??? Not quite?


10K???  Nope


5K???  Ummmm, no!


Next Saturday I am running in my 1st race since high school! It is NOT my marathon....but is is race #1 in my new career.


I went in to a local store and paid my entry fees. The young, fit 20-something cashier was clearly in amazing shape. Her jeans fit...very VERY well! I was a 290 when this journey began, all of less than 10 days ago! Yeah I am happy to say I am at 284 haha. Hey, its better than plus 6!


Anyway, I told her I recently decided to run a marathon, half expecting her to crack up! She said "That's GREAT!" 


I paid my fees and got this neat bib. It will go on my wall.


The event is the "Just for the Heck of it XI" Here is the link.


Just for the Heck of it XI


I love the name! I love that it is only a mile! I love that it will be my 1st!


Will I win? No. Will I finish? YES! Will I outweigh the rest of the field? Most likely! Will I be happy? Bet you already know the answer to that one!


#3746....1%

1 comment:

  1. This is so great!!! I'm so excited by your blog. My dad is also 40 and around 260-270. I wish he had the same mindset & determination as you...I hope he will follow you as I will!

    @kaleesorey

    ReplyDelete