Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2 Miles

26.2 is a long ways away.

Today's goal was 2. 2 miles. PERIOD. Not a sprint, heck, not even a jog! 

I would say 80/20 walk/jog.

1%

Felt better today. Felt really good to not feel like I might die jogging, actually feels like I can MAYBE do this.

I decided last night to break up the long range goal. I do NOT want the goal to be to complete a marathon. I want to complete it and feel like I can do another one in 6 months. So the goal IS NOT to complete a marathon. The goal is to get myself to be able to run marathons.

1%

I am a big believer in goals. That DOES NOT MEAN I think setting goals is a good thing. I think ACHIEVING goals is a good thing. Setting goals are the ladder. I like to think my goals are a stair step. 

At the end of my journey up this ladder I want to be a marathoner.

1%

I will have a ton of mini goals along the way. Today's was 2 miles. Ladder rungs are more like achievements. Places along the road to have a mini-celebration. That first ladder rung will be completing a 5K.

1%

No comments:

Post a Comment